Gel-Pak for Fast Axis Collimator Lenses
One of the most important optical components in the beam shaping systems of high power diode lasers is the Fast Axis Collimator (FAC) lens. FAC lenses are fragile and often have delicate coatings that can be easily scratched or damaged. Therefore, a key challenge in maintaining the integrity of this fragile optic is protecting its surfaces during handling and transport.
Gel-Pak offers a range of carriers that are ideal for keeping these optical components damage-free during shipping and handling. Our unique gel-coated boxes and trays are designed to hold the flat side of the aspheric cylindrical lens in place using surface tension, which prevents the devices from moving around during handling. These versatile carriers eliminate the need for lens paper and foam liners, greatly reducing the opportunity for handling-generated surface degradation.
Gel-Box, Gel-Tray, Gel-Slide products are ideal for:
- Manual loading and unloading of FAC’s with tweezers or by fingers
- Shipping, handling and storage of Fast Axis Collimator lenses
More info on these Gel-Pak products.
Vacuum Release Carriers (VR Trays) are ideal for:
- High-volume automated FAC pick & place applications
- Handling components down to 250µm
- Protecting valuable devices from damage during shipping and handling, with on-demand release by applying vacuum to underside of tray
More info on these products.
All Gel-Pak carriers are available in a variety of configurations and materials.
Benefits of Gel-Pak Carriers:
- Reduced labor costs, as lens can be placed directly on carrier with no wrapping, or bags
- Gel-Pak serves a universal carrier, no need for custom tooling or molds
- Lens is protected from damage from tilting, jarring or dropping while in Gel-Pak carrier
- Optional features such as logos or custom grids can be added to carrier
Founded in 1980, Gel-Pak has developed a line of proprietary gel and elastomer coated device carriers and handling materials that offer solutions for applications where damage during handling must be avoided. The company's unique elastomer technology serves as the basis of its Gel-Box™, Gel-Tray®, Gel-Slide®, E-Film™ and patented Vacuum Release products. These products effectively immobilize devices during shipping and handling. For further information on Gel-Pak's product line, please refer to the website at www.gelpak.com.